Private and Group Instruction
I’ve never forgotten what it felt like to have the cello in my hands for the first time nor have I forgotten the dedication of the many instructors and mentors that helped me to achieve my dreams. For this reason, I love to teach. I love to share in the excitement of a new student playing their very first notes. As they progress, I love sharing the satisfaction my students get from playing duets with me or performing short pieces in recitals. I love coaching orchestral students, taking a young cello section from slapdash and confused to polished and proud. Whether a student has professional aspirations or just wants to have a lot of fun, being able to pass along my gifts is what it’s all about.
• Faculty-Teaching Artist for The Harmony Project-Ventura, sponsored by New West Symphony.
• Faculty-Assistant Volunteer at Cabrillo Middle School and Anacapa Middle School, Ventura, California.
• Faculty Alum at Idyllwild Arts Summer Program. Duties included teaching private lessons, coaching daily orchestral sectionals, coaching chamber music ensembles, faculty recitals and performance clinics.
• I've coached and prepared actors for demanding roles that require they appear to be highly skilled cellists
when they've never played a note. Actors include Judith Light, star of the long-running show, "Who's The
Boss," and helping Penny Fuller garner an Emmy nomination for her guest starring role on, "E.R."
• I teach private students of all ages and levels. Please contact me and we'll discuss what you'd like to accomplish
with the cello.